Is it even possible to earn a blackbelt through online karate lessons? Lots of classes and activities are moving online these days, but is it possible to kick and punch your way through the ranks of a martial art in your living room? Take a look at how we are making virtual karate school possible and the benefits of online karate lessons!
Karate Techniques Performed Virtually
While martial arts does involve physical contact, there are certain exercises and moves that are performed solo. For example, katas are a set of predetermined movements designed to build muscle memory as if a practitioner were fending off several attackers. These can be practiced and performed alone, then critiqued and even tested by an instructor on the other side of the screen.
If you are training as a family, you can help each other and practice even more hand to hand techniques. Learn more about free training for the whole family.
The Benefits of Online Karate Lessons
It always seems hard to get everyone together for family activities. Even now, when you’re spending more time at home, it can seem almost impossible to get everyone on the same page, away from their electronic devices or responsibilities.
Taking virtual Karate classes as a family brings everyone together both physically and emotionally. Families that kick together, grow together!
Here are a few whole-family benefits of learning martial arts virtually, from your living room:
- Great, whole-body exercise and strength building
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Have fun and laugh together
- Spend time together working towards the same goals
Convenient Access to the Best Online Karate Instructors
Not all Karate teachers are created equal. While they might all know the same basic techniques, it is an art in itself to become a quality instructor. Being limited by location also limits your access to the best instructors – but virtual karate training eliminates those boundaries. You get to choose a school with instructors that you love regardless of location!
In addition to quality instructors, you will also have access to a diverse group of other students from across the country – you and your family will have the opportunity to learn from others and make new friends in unexpected places. New and different people will further enrich your training and help you reach personal and athletic goals.
What do you need to learn karate online?
As with any online class, there are a few things you will need. Most likely you won’t have to actually make any new purchases – but let’s go through the list and make sure:
- A decent internet connection: In general you will want to have internet that can stream video, so you will want to have speeds of at least 3 Mbps, or if you have HD enabled devices you will want something closer to 25 Mbps. If you watch TV or play video games online, you most likely already know how fast your internet is. When in doubt, check your speed at fast.com.
- Computer, smart TV or tablet: Not only will you need a device the whole family can use, but you will want to set it up where it makes sense for you to be active and have moment inside of your home. A lot of families use smart TVs, setup a laptop in the living room – or even mirror a cell phone onto the TV through their smart TV or Apple TV. There are dozens of setups, just find the one that is right for you with plenty of space to move around.
- Karate uniform and required equipment: Your martial arts instructor will be able to give you specific details and instructions about what you need. In general, you won’t need much more than just a uniform, which many times is provided by the karate school.
Online Karate Example: How to Throw a Basic Punch
In this video you can learn how to throw a basic punch. You can see how easy it would be to learn this from anywhere.
Choosing an Online Karate School
The era of virtual martial arts is here – and you can develop your Karate skills right from home. How do you know which one is right for you? Here is a quick list of things you can do in researching karate schools, and a pretty great guide to choosing a martial arts school.
Step One: Do online research about different online karate schools
There are several schools out there who are offering online classes. Take a look at their reviews, pricing, and get some generation information about each.
Step Two: Virtual Tour
Since you can’t necessarily go do a physical tour, you can at least ask for a virtual one – talk to the instructors, watch a demo, or ask for a trial if they don’t already have one.
Step Three: Make priorities before choosing a martial arts school
Thinking about your family, who and how will you all benefit from a martial arts program? What are your top goals? Narrowing down your “north star” is one of the most important things you can do in choosing the right program.
Super Kicks Karate TV: Americas Online Karate School
You can start your journey to black belt with a team of exceptional martial arts instructors, with your family, right from your own living room. Here at Super Kicks Karate, we want to share our martial arts experience regardless of where you live.
- Live weekly classes
- On-demand curriculum library
- Video feedback available
- Daily live Q&A
- Weekly blackbelt seminars
- Free uniform and belt
- Members-only Facebook Group
- BONUS: Fitness kickboxing classes both live & on-demand
- BONUS: Little Leaders for kids ages 3-4